How To: Headlight Restoration using Toothpaste
Looking for a clever way to restore headlights without spending too much? We recommend using toothpaste. Some are having second thoughts about this but are actually quite effective. Have you ever asked yourself how toothpaste cleans your teeth? It's because toothpaste contains mild detergent and abrasives.
How to restore headlights using toothpaste:
- Dampen a clean, soft cloth in water.
- Add a dab of toothpaste.
- Firmly rub the surface of the headlights in small circles for about 5 minutes or maybe more.
- Add water and toothpaste as needed.
- Rinse and allow to air dry.
- Wash the headlights or the entire car with soap and water before you start using toothpaste.
- Use masking tape to protect the paint around the headlights.
- Do not use toothpaste with those cooling crystals.
- If unsure, try a small spot of the headlight first.
- Add car wax to seal the newly restored headlights.
As you can see from the video, toothpaste is an effective way to restore headlights. You can see the difference from photos before and after. Keep in mind though that toothpaste may only work for light restoration jobs and is also not a permanent solution for your headlights. However, it does provide you with a quick and cheap solution for your headlights.