Equinox Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow Review
Editor rating: 4.5/5
Several buyers have spoken about how this pillow improved their sleep, their lives as a whole. We all know how important sleep is in keeping our mind and body healthy. Several studies show that good sleep could improve our lifespan, prevent degenerative diseases, and improve memory retention.
This pillow helps improve your sleep reducing sleepless nights, tossing and turning or doing several things just to help yourself fall asleep. When you put your head on this pillow, it helps you sleep faster and comfortably. It is CertiPUR foam certified and easy to wash which is why we gave it a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
The reasons that prevented us from giving it a 5-star rating are: it does have the usual smell that most memory foams have but it goes away after a few days. If you have a sensitive nose, we suggest air drying it before using.
It is also heavier than regular pillows which is not a big deal. It helps keep the pillow from moving when you're sleeping. All in all and for the price you pay, this pillow is worth it.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Great for those who like thick pillows
- You can turn the pillow over if the gel on one side is too cool for you
- Easily goes back to its original shape and never goes flat
- Hypoallergenic, Dust mite resistant
- Removable pillow case
- Washable cover
- Conforms to the shape of your head and neck
- CertiPUR certified foam
- A bit heavier than regular pillows
- Standard memory foam smell that goes away in a few days
This pillow is not your ordinary pillow. It features cooling gel technology that extracts body heat and promotes airflow providing a therapeutic cooling sensation ideal for people who are suffering hot flashes, night sweats, and migraines. This is especially ideal during summer or if you are living in a warm climate. You could see the honeycomb-structured green cooling gel on top of the pillow below. It comes with a pillowcase that helps maintain the cooling effect of the pillow.
- To maximize the cooling power, only use the cover that came with the pillow.
- Turn the pillow over if the gel on one side is too cool for you
The pillow is made of a CertiPur certified memory foam that conforms to the shape of your head and neck to allow for a comfortable, pain-free sleep regardless of your sleeping position and never goes flat no matter how you will use it. In a nutshell, a CertiPUR certified foam meets US standards for content, emissions, durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing labs guaranteeing the quality and safe use of the product without allergic reactions and dust mite resistant.
Just to give you an idea, a CertiPUR certified foam is:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ("Tris") flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
The inner cover of the pillow is made of a knitted mesh fabric, while the outer cover is made of an air flow spandex mesh which makes the pillow easy to wash and clean.
The standard queen size of 24 x 16 inches with a thickness of 5 inches is good enough for one or two people and thick enough to keep your head from sinking into the pillow without hurting your neck.
- Remove the pillowcase.
- Put in a machine with water and mild soap.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I wash the pillow?
The description says you can only wash the cover.
How thick is the pillow?
Can I use this with a pillow case?
What are the materials used on this pillow?
Spandex, honeycomb cooling gel, and CertiPUR memory foam