Natalie Styx Automatic Curling Iron Professional Ceramic Wand Curl Machine Review
Editor rating: 4.5/5
This unit is similar to the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Miracurl Steamtech Professional Curl Machine but cheaper.
The unique advantage that this unit has over the other is that it has the steam spray function and it comes with several accessories such as a glove, travel pouch, clips, and dropper at a cheaper price.
Other than that, it is dual voltage, with revolving cord, uses a ceramic curl chamber to prevent burns, has an LCD display, has buttons for temperature, time, direction, and steam settings, and it can also give a signal when it is time for you to release a curl.
For a cheaper version of the BaBylissPRO Miracurl machine, this unit is certainly a nice worthy alternative.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Keeps your hair from drying or becoming frizzy
- Auto shutoff feature
- Reminds you when it's done curling your hair
- Steam function makes your hair silky smooth
- You can choose the time, temperature, and direction settings.
- Revolving cord
- Dual voltage
- Ceramic curl chamber
- Comes with a glove, travel pouch, clips, and dropper
- Quite heavy
- Can only load small section of hair at a time
The best way to know the features of this curler is by actually going over each part of the unit.
Here are parts of the machine and its features:
- Revolving cord - The unit uses a revolving cord so it is easy for you to move the unit around your hair without experiencing difficulties with the cord.
- Ceramic curl chamber - Most household items these days use appliances with the ceramic material because it is safe to use with less risk of getting your hair or skin burnt.
- Water inlet - To start the steam spray function, you'll need to put in water using the dropper provided in the box. This feature provides proper moisture to your hair creating anti-frizz, anti-static, silky, and smooth curls.
- LCD display - This part shows the status of the temperature, time, steam, and direction.
- Buttons - The available buttons are time, temperature, direction, steam, and switch. This allows you to of course start up the unit and choose your preferred setting.
- Time settings: 8 seconds for naturally curly hair, 10 seconds for loose curls, and 12 seconds for tight curls
- Temperature settings: 374, 410, and 446 degrees Fahrenheit
- Direction settings: left, right, and auto
How to curl your hair
- Put 1/2-1 inch section of your hair into the curler. Position the open part of the curl chamber facing towards the head.
- Close handles and your hair will automatically be drawn into the curl chamber.
- When rapid beep sound finishes, open handles to release the curl.
- Wrong direction may cause the hair stuck in the machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is voltage, power, and frequency of the machine?
100-240V, 25W, and 50/60Hz
What is in the package?
Machine, heat glove, storage bag, 2 clips, dropper, 2 cards, English user manual
How to clean the machine?
Contact the company to get their newly-developed brush made specifically to clean the curler.