Speed Master Wheel Brush Review
Let's face it. Car products like wheel cleaners, wax or protectants won't work or won't be as effective without car detailing tools. One of the most commonly used car detailing tool is the wheel brush.
Wheel cleaners are made to help us remove brake dust easily but it won't entirely remove the brake dust from your wheels without a little brushing. You'll need a wheel brush especially if the wheel cleaner could not wash it off your wheels.
One of the most popular wheel brush in the market is Speed Master Wheel Brush. It has received several positive reviews from car owners. Let's take a look at what makes this wheel brush different from other wheel brushes.
I know a lot of us are very picky when it comes to choosing a wheel brush because it might damage the wheels. Well, there is really no need for us to worry because unlike the usual brushes, the Speed Master Wheel Brush is made of materials that will help clean your wheels easily without damaging it.
- The 2-inch bristles are soft and feathered it won't damage your wheel, flexible it can easily fold to fit into small holes and can easily hold water and foam up your wheels.
- The vinyl-coated wire stem is flexible it can easily be bend to clean hard to reach areas behind spokes and even the brake caliper and yet it is firm enough to handle.
- I know some brushes can be very difficult to clean but not this brush. Just shake it up in soapy water and hang it up to dry so its bristles will regain their shape.
- The wheel brush is also chemical resistant it can withstand all wheel cleaners. It says smooth, soft, flexible and doesn't dry or brittle.
Just take a look at the video below to see how well it works.
Advantages and disadvantages
- It has a hold in the handle so you can hang it up.
- The brush is very flexible ad has a long reach. You can easily bend and form the brush to get into hard to reach spots deep into the rims.
- Easily gets into spokes.
- Safe for all wheels. The bristles feel gentle and the handle is covered in rubber to protect your rim from scratches.
- The brush can carry plenty of soap and water from bucket to the wheel and helps the soap foam into a lather.
- The brush looks big but will easily fold against the stem so it can go into small holes.
- The handle is grippy.
- Rubber cap may fall off and you're left with a pointed end that can scratch your wheels.
- For light duty use only because the bristles are too soft and lack firmness in removing heavy dirt off.
- Splashy especially when pulling the brush out of a gap
Frequently Asked Questions
How small of an opening will the Speed Master Wheel Brush fit through?
The bristles will fold against the stem to a 1/2 inch thickness. For smaller wheels, use the Speed Master JUNIOR.
Editor Rating: 4.5/5
The only reason why I did not give a 5-star rating for this product is because it is not a heavy duty kind of wheel brush. But who wants an abrasive wheel brush? In my opinion, wheel brushes should be soft and nonabrasive that way it won't damage your wheels. If your wheels have hard to remove brake dust, it would be better to use a wheel cleaner together with the Speed Master Wheel Brush that way the wheel cleaner will soften the brake dust on your wheels.
Buy or not buy: I highly recommend this product to all car owners. It doesn't matter how often you wash your car, this wheel brush will definitely help you clean your car together with soap, water or a wheel cleaner. If your wheel brush need replacement, this wheel brush is worth a try. Experience it and you'll see how convenient it is to have this product in your garage. Sometimes, we won't know what's best for us until we've decided to try it.