Meguiar's G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 64 oz. Review
I know many people use household detergents to clean their cars. I did in the past until I realized that my car could look better if I use a product made specifically for car wash. You wouldn't believe the difference. It is easier to clean with a car wash and your car will look shiny like new.
Household detergents are made to remove grease and oil from kitchenware and using this as your car wash will make your car look dull as it is too abrasive for car wax or paint. You car wax or paint will also deteriorate faster if you use a household detergent. As it strips off the wax or paint, your car becomes more exposed to dirt and other contaminants. If you want a nice ride, you'll want to use a car wash instead of a household detergent.
Now many people have given up on buying car wash because some car washes clean like a household detergent. Well, no worries. Today, I'll be reviewing Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner. This car wash is Top Rated, you'll see the difference from a household detergent immediately. It's worth a try and trust me, you won't stop using this product after you've tried it.
Watch this product on foam cannon and hand wash
What makes this product Top Rated
It's a 2-in-1 car wash. It cleans your car and conditions paint at the same time leaving your car looking clean and shiny.
The solution contains an excellent cleaning ingredient blended with some of the finest car conditioners that help lubricate the surface of your car so that the dirt, road grime, and contaminant easily glides off from your car gently instead of grinding into the paint.
I know a lot of people are worried that the car wash might strip the wax and paint off. No worries, this product is pH-balanced and gentle so you can rest assured that your car is safe, 100% guaranteed.
How to apply
You can either use a foam cannon or do a hand wash. As you can see from the video, the product did an outstanding job on foam cannon and hand wash. Although Meguiar's product description states "Apply to car surface with a wash mitt".
- Ensure the car is cool and in the shade, as always.
- Rinse the surface with water and pour 1 ounce or 4 capfuls in a bucket with 1 gallon of water.
- Apply to car surface with a wash mitt. I suggest Microfiber Wash Mitt.
- Rinse the car thoroughly by flowing water gently from the top downwards.
- Wipe off with drying towel to prevent water spotting. I suggest Meguiar's Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel.
I know there are several car detailing tools in the market. You can use whatever tool you already have but for better performance and more convenient car wash, you would want to try out those suggested tools that are made specifically for car wash.
- Meguiar's recommend the "Two bucket method" where one bucket is for the soapy water, the other for rinsing.
- Use a grit guard to extract grit from your wash mitt when you drag it across the grit guard. It helps the dirt settle at the bottom so your wash water stays clean. I suggest the Meguiar's grit Guard.
- Use a water softener if you have a hard water. Hard water may cause water spotting. You can soften hard water by boiling or by buying a small ion exchange filter. To measure water hardness, look for cheap test strips online.
- Dry quickly with cloth or towel. Do not air dry as it would lead to water spots.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Does well on foam cannon and hand wash.
- Leaves no residue.
- Goes on thick and foamy, and not too runny.
- Makes your car surfaces look shiny, silky and smooth.
- Conditions the paint and won't strip off wax.
- The product is even more inexpensive if you purchase the gallon size.
- Easily removes dirt.
- Extremely gentle yet extremely effective. It doesn't contain any harsh chemicals.
- The product will last more than a year.
- Lubricates well so it doesn't scratch the surfaces of the car.
- The liquid is thick as syrup, easily forms bubbles and slippery.
- Great for maintaining the wax on your car.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this product with a pressure washer?
Yes, although Meguiar's recommends Microfiber Wash mitt.
Is this a good car wash for pre-waxing?
I would use a product made specifically for pre-waxing such as Meguiar's Ultimate Polish.
How many washes can you expect from 64 oz?
The Product description says "Rinse surface with water and pour 1 ounce or 4 capfuls of Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner into a wash bucket and add one gallon of water." So, if you use 1 ounce per car wash, then you'll get 64 car washes out of a bottle.
Is this product biodegradable?
Is it pH balanced?
Is it good to wash your wheels with?
Yes, but I highly recommend using a product specifically designed for wheels. Click on this link to see a list of highly recommended wheel cleaners.
Can I replace the cap with a pump?
I would suggest buying an empty spray bottle since it would be quite hard to find a spray trigger that will fit the product's bottle. I would suggest Meguiar's M9911 Spray Bottle with Sprayer - 32 oz., empty.
Does this have wax in it?
Will this take off any of the prior wax?
What is the smell of the product?
Very pleasant, not toxic.
Can I use this on the entire exterior of a car?
Editor Rating: 5/5
Seeing that the product has no disadvantages except for shipping issues which are out of the company's control and has nothing to do with the products overall quality and performance, I've rated the product as 5 out of 5 stars. This is very well-deserved rating because the product did an outstanding job and does everything you would want a car wash to do that's inexpensive. The price is totally reasonable, you'll get what you paid for. The price to performance ratio is excellent.
Buy or not buy: If you want to experience a convenient and enjoyable car wash with great results at a reasonable price, this one is for you. That basically sums up the whole experience with Meguiar's G7164 Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner - 64 oz. I can't think of a better product. Get this, stop using a household detergent. Make your car smile.