Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax - 16 oz. Review
We'll be reviewing another great product from one of the leading car care companies, Meguiar's. The name of the product is Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.
Most people don't usually wax their cars but if you want to protect your car surface, it's best that you wax it to keep contaminants from eating into your car surface.
Waxing is usually performed by car detailers but it can be quite complicated for some car owners. But with this product, waxing is going to be very easy and convenient with great results.
Easy On, Easy Off
Meguiar's uses several top notch technologies and high-quality ingredients to make this product very convenient and effective for car owners.
ThinFilm technology - This technology provides an effortless application and removal of the wax on the car surface. Because of this technology, you can apply a little of the product forming a thin layer of sealant on the car surface without leaving stains or white residue.
Advanced synthetic polymers crosslink - This forms a durable protective layer with great longevity. The layer does not have the warmth and depth that a carnauba wax provides but it certainly gives you a mirror-like look that will make your car shine.
Hydrophobic Polymer technology - This technology increase the surface tension of the liquid on the car surface making it repel water creating incredible water beads on the car surface that rolls off the paint for more than 8 weeks depending on where you live or weather conditions.
The product description states that the wax is safe and effective on all glossy paints and clear coats.
When you buy the product, it includes a foam applicator pad and microfiber towels to help you start waxing your car as soon as you receive it. You can apply it by Hand, Orbital or Dual Action Polisher.
How To Apply:
- Wash and dry your car.
- Make sure it is free from defects or contaminants by using a smooth surface clay kit and paint cleaner.
- Use the foam applicator with light pressure in circular patterns under a shade on a small section of the car. Make sure the car surface has been washed and cleaned.
- Wait for 3-5 minutes (curing time).
- Perform the Swipe Test to see if the wax is dry and ready to be wiped off. If it is a clear swipe, you can remove the wax with a clean and dry microfiber polishing towel or 100% cotton terry towel.
By Dual Action Polisher or DA Power System
- Attach the waxing pad to the DA Power System or Polisher
- Place the face of the pad flat on the paint and turn on the system.
- Begin buffing with light pressure in an overlapping pattern.
- Complete one section at a time and cure for 3-5 minutes before removal.
Shake before use.
Do not apply heavily because it will prolong the drying time and make it harder to remove and use more product than necessary. A little goes a long way.
Low temperature and high humidity can prolong curing time.
Use a car wash for car finishes the extend the life of the wax.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Comes with a foam applicator pad and microfiber towel
- Spreads easily
- Leaves a nice shine
- Does not leave white residue
- Incredible water beading
- Repels water and other contaminants nicely
- Keeps you car clean longer
- Great longevity
- Product becomes watery after some time, needs to shake before use
- Doesn't have the smooth/slick feeling to it
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this wax on a new car?
Do I need to use a buffing machine?
How long do I need to let it sit on the car?
How long will it last?
Depends on where you live, it can last for 3-6 months.
Can I use it on all types of finishes?
The label states "Do not use for flat, matte or satin finishes."
Can I use any car wash after applying the wax?
How do I clean the pad?
Rinse it with hot water and detergent. Then, hang dry.
Do I need to polish my car before I apply the wax?
If your car is in bad condition, yes.
Can I leave it on overnight?
No. The wax should be removed after 5 minutes.
Editor Rating: 4.5/5
The only reason why I did not give a 5 of 5 star rating for this product is because it does not have that warmth and depth that carnauba waxes provide to a car surface. However, I do understand that synthetic sealants do not normally provide the same results that you get from a carnauba wax. However, what makes this better than carnauba wax is its longevity and durability. Unlike carnauba waxes, synthetic sealants like this product provides a long-lasting protection and water beading to the car surface.
Buy or not buy: If you are a regular car owner who is not aiming for a warm and deep kind of gloss and shine from a carnauba wax and is more concerned about protecting your paint or car surface then the Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is for you. If you are not an expert on car detailing or if you are a female who rarely take care of your car on your own, that this product is very convenient and simple way to wax your car.