Meguiar's X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt Review
We'll take a look at the Meguiar's X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt. One of the most affordable microfiber wash mitt that has good quality.
A lot of us use old towels but some of us are not aware that those old towels could be harsh for car paint and could create swirl marks on a car surface.
So this review helps in actually letting car owners know that you could use a better cloth for your car. A cloth that cleans easily and does not damage your paintwork.
Don't worry, a microfiber wash mitt is not very expensive. It is worth it, it could last longer than an old towel. Plus it makes the car washing experience easier.
So the Meguiar's X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt is 8" x 10" size. It has an elastic cuff so you could wear it like a glove and the inner lining is soft so it feels comfortable inside.
Since it is made of synthetic microfiber, it lifts and traps dirt and grime in between to prevent it from scratching and creating swirls on the car.
The color is white so you can easily see the dirt and know if it needs another dip in a plain water bucket.
It is soft enough so you are confident that it will clean without scratching your car.
It is thick enough to absorb a lot of soapy water and can be used back to back. Because of this, it gets slippery enough it slides nicely on your car surface lessening the friction between the cloth, contaminants and your car surface. It is highly absorbent it lessens your trip back to the soapy bucket saving a lot of time and energy.
Things to consider when car washing
When choosing a car wash, take note of the following:
- We recommend using a pH balanced car wash.
- Non-detergent car wash
- Follow specified dilution rate
- Car wash with excellent cleaning ability
- Great lubrication
Note: Detergent soaps strips wax protection, promote oxidation and lead to premature deterioration of your car finish.
Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt In Action
When car washing, use the two-bucket method with a grit guard:
- Rinse the car.
- Dunk wash mitt in a bucket of soapy water
- Dunk wash mitt in a bucket of plain water and wring it out to remove dirt.
- The grit guard helps settle the dirt from the car at the bottom of the bucket preventing it from sticking to the wash mitt back to your car where it could potentially scratch the car surface.
- Rinse your car and use a gentle and absorbent water magnet microfiber towel to dry your car surfaces. Note: Air drying leads to water spots.
- Wash the wash mitt and hang dry to re-use. Note: Avoid fabric softeners and bleach.
These steps help in keeping your wash mitt and your soapy water clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
How big is the wash mitt?
8" x 10"
Does it have other sizes?
Does it get heavy when wet?
Is it machine washable?
How long will it last?
If you used once a week, it could last for more than 6 months.
Advantages and disadvantages
- White color which helps to see the dirt on the mitt while washing
- Thick enough
- Feels durable
- Double sided
- Holds a lot of soapy water
- Does not get heavy when wet
- Soft so as not to damage car surface
- Glides perfectly over the surface
- Fits every corner
- Strands are small so it does not get caught in little corners
- Machine washable
- Will last for more than 6 months depending on how often your car gets dirty
- Doesn't have other sizes
- Too large for some hands.
- Cuff is not as soft and could scratch the car surface
- Had to make a fist inside to keep my hands in the mitt
Editor Rating: 4.5/5
Overall, the wash mitt is good. It is very affordable so you get what you paid for. In fact, I think it is inexpensive for a microfiber wash mitt.
It did not damage my car. I don't see any scratches during and after washing the car. The whole experience is easy and very convenient. It does not get too heavy when wet. I was still able to maneuver it to areas even in hard to clean areas of my car.
It suds up very well. I could carry a lot of soapy water from the bucket over to my car. It definitely saved my energy as it lessens my trips back to the bucket and saves my time, too.
It is easy to clean and dry. And if feels durable inside. If your hand does not fit, I could easily use it like a sponge. Some people are more comfortable in actually using it as a sponge which is fine. I think that it gives people two options in terms of how to use it.
Buy or not buy: I highly recommend it to those who wants to stop using old towels or wants to try using a car wash mitt instead of an old towel. It is cheap so it is not very risky to actually try and experience washing a car using this wash mitt. For those who likes their current wash mitt but in a tight budget, you could use this as a replacement.