AR Blue Clean AR383 1,900 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, Nozzles, Spray Gun, Wand, Detergent Bottle & Hose Review
Editor rating: 4.3/5
We are going to review another pressure washer today that is great for car washing. As always, we prefer to focus more on machines that can be operated by a non-professional. Not only is this pressure washer great for car washing, it is also very useful and versatile around your house. You could use it to remove dirt, mold, moss, grime, loose paint and other hard to remove contaminants on a concrete, wood, decks, siding, fences, driveways, outdoor furniture, garbage cans, pet cages, air conditioner.
This machine is the AR Blue Clean AR383 Electric Pressure Washer. I prefer electric-powered pressure washers because first and foremost, I don't want an extremely pressurized water to come in contact with my car surface because there is a very high risk that it would damage the very delicate surfaces of my car. This pressure washer can be gentle enough to clean my car and strong enough to remove grime and other difficult to remove kind of dirt.
We rated this product on multiple criteria such as those listed below: easy to assemble, ease of use, safeness, cleaning ability, and durability.
Most people are satisfied with this tool because the machine was effective in helping them wash or clean whatever they needed to clean. Although they recognize that the hose reel or plastic holders are not useful, it seems that these things are tolerable.
The common complaint that we found that was repeatedly mentioned by buyers is the leaks from the adaptor that connects the water inlet in the pressure washer to the garden hose. However, it shows that these are old complaints that may have been resolved or that most of the people who complained cross threaded the adaptor or did not attach the connectors correctly. A large number of people was able to use the pressure washer without leaks by threading correctly and by getting directions from AR Customer Service.
One of the most notable features of this pressure washer is its wand with adjustable nozzle where you can simply twist the nozzle to change the spray pattern or angle.
Buy or not buy: I highly recommend this pressure washer. It is nice to have this small machine in your house. You can use it to do several types of cleaning jobs. Owning a house usually requires scrubbing, brushing, sanding, wiping and more and this pressure washer makes these jobs easier and faster to accomplish. This is great not just for men who typically use this for car washing. This also great for women to help them with household chores.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Small, takes up little room
- Seems durable with hard plastic
- Portable because of its wheels
- Comes with an unclogging tool
- Detergent does not go through the pump
- Pump shuts off when wand trigger is released
- You don't have to change tips on the wand. All you need to do is to twist the nozzle.
- Had to buy a brass adapter because the plastic adapter that comes with the unit may easily break.
- Takes a lot of effort to wind up the hose on the reel.
- Power cord does not fit in the cord storage area because it hits the output hose.
- The wands do not fit in the plastic holders.
- Trigger gun does not have a lock feature so you keep pulling the trigger.
- The hose in not flexible, it is difficult to wind up on the reel
- Model #: AR383
- Color: Blue
- Weight: 27 pounds
- Dimension: 28.5 x 12.25 x 11.25 inches
- Power cord: 30-foot power cord
- High-pressure hose: 20 feet
- PSI: 1,900 PSI water pressure
- GPM: 1.5 GPM water flow
- Motor: 14 Amp/ Watt/120 Volt
- Warranty: 1 year 'bumper to bumper' warranty with US based customer service by phone or email
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Pressure washer unit with two wheels
- 35-foot power cord featuring Auto-Reset GFCI module
- 14 oz. detergent bottle
- Professional-style high-pressure washer spray gun
- Adjustable spray lance
- Turbo spray lance
- 20-foot high-pressure hose
- Quick connect garden hose adaptor
- 5 screws - 4 for the attachment holder at the back of the unit and 1 for electrical cord holder
- Instructional manual
- Unclogging tool
The name of the manufacturer is AR or Annovi Reverberi. It's an Italian company with 58 years of experience in mainly manufacturing pumps for agriculture and industrial washing.
This pressure washer is one of the most affordable in the market that can perform. It is very effective, useful, and durable considering the low price.
The machine is easy to assemble and performs with minimal noise compared to a gas-operated pressure washer or any other electric pressure washers available these days.
It is one of the smallest, compact, and most lightweight electric pressure you can get, great for household chores. You can easily carry it anywhere around your house and store it anywhere in your garage. It doesn't take too much space.
The pressure washer has GFCI plug which is very common among electric-powered machines. The feature allows users to safely operate an electric-powered machine on anything that involves water such as pressure washer.
Unlike other pressure washers, the detergent container is attached to the wand preventing it from going through the pump. You can also use a foam cannon instead of the detergent bottle that comes with the unit to foam up your car or any other surfaces you want to clean.
What I like the most of this model is that you can easily change the spray angle or pattern by simply twisting the nozzle. This saves you a lot of time and energy, and also very convenient.
A couple of small things you need to know
However, the trigger gun can be very tiring to use because you'll need to keep pulling the trigger to keep the machine working. Without a lock feature on this to keep the trigger pulled causes most users to experience hand cramps or pain.
Just a little feedback on the hose reel, it is not very useful as it is so difficult to wind the hose around the reel. I end up looping the hose and the power cord around the handle instead because it does not fit in the real and in the cord storage.
Useful video on how to assemble and operate the AR Blue Clean AR383 Pressure Washer
Instructions (In Words)
- Make sure the machine's turned off by placing the starter's switch in the off or O position.
- Connect the threaded end of the high-pressure hose to the unit. This will be the front or back of the machine.
- Connect the silver metal end of the high-pressure hose to the spray gun. You will here a click into place. Make sure the spray gun is in the lock position. Later on, when you're ready to start cleaning, this will be released.
- Insert the nozzle into the spray gun by pushing together and turn it clockwise. To remove later, turn it counterclockwise.
- To connect the garden hose to the machine, thread the blue and black adaptor to the end of your garden hose.
- Now thread the clear filter adaptor to the machine. If dirt is visible in the filter, remove and wash to clean.
- If your unit did not come with the 2-piece filter adapter and it came with a black adapter, that threads into the chain at the pump inlet and then the hose is threaded directly on. Note the "Pump and Hose" marking so you put it on correctly.
- Unwind the power cord completely and plug the GFCI into a grounded 120-volt outlet. Press the reset button on the GFCI plug. This will have to be done each and every time it is plugged in.
- Attach the garden hose to the machine. This will be on the front or back of the unit.
- Make sure the high-pressure hose is attached to the machine and the spray gun.
- Turn on the water supply at the faucet.
- Release the safety lock on the spray gun and while pointing it in a safe direction, squeeze the trigger gun until there is a steady stream of water, letting the water and air out of the hose.
- Turn the starter switch to the on or I position. The motor and pump should now be ready to run and provide a higher pressure spray.
- Pull the trigger on the spray gun to activate the Total Stop System. Turning the machine on and now you can start cleaning. Releasing the spray gun automatically turns the unit off.
- Select desired spray pattern by twisting the nozzle going from a 45 degree spray for delicate items all the way to 0 degrees for more intense spray or for reaching up high. Always test first in an inconspicuous area to make sure you don't damage the surface.
- For a detergent application, fill the soap bottle with the desired cleaner and attach to the trigger gun after removing the wand assembly. Always test detergent first to make sure it is compatible with the surface being cleaned. Pull the trigger and start the detergent spray onto the surface to be cleaned.
- Reverse the process to shut down.
- Remember to keep the unit from freezing in the offseason.
- Before you start cleaning, refer to the manual for detailed instructions and safety precautions as models my vary.
- Avoid cross threading. Carefully thread the pressure hose as well as the garden hose to avoid leaking or any related problems.
- Make sure that the spray nozzle is fully locked onto the handle to prevent it from detaching when the unit is turned on.
- Connect the power plug 110 volts.
- Avoid using extension cords.
- You can purchase a foam cannon to foam up your car.
- Make sure you have water to the unit before you turn it on.
- Ensure there is enough water pressure from the garden hose.
- Run your hose a little to remove debris in the hose.
- Remove the plastic adapter if you're not using the pressure washer to keep it clean and safe from breakage.
- Clean dirt and debris from the screen inside the water intake adapter regularly for optimum pressure washing performance.
- Use the magic cleaning pin to clean clogged holes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to assemble?
About 10 minutes.
Does it have to be hooked up to a water supply?
Yes, because the unit does not have a water supply tank.
Does the unit have an adjustable nozzle to change the pressure to high, medium and low?
The unit allows you to change the spray pattern by twisting the nozzle. If you have a wide spray, the water is at lower pressure. If you have a narrow spray, you have a high pressure.
Can I use a foam cannon on this unit?
Does this come with a detergent tank?
It comes with a detergent bottle that goes on the end of the wand.
What is the warranty on this product?
From the text of this ad: "The product is under warranty to the original retail consumer against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 1 (one) year and a complete "bumper to bumper" warranty including the spray gun, the high-pressure hose, and all accessories from the date of purchase. The warranty is not transferable or assignable. This warranty covers replacement parts. This limited one year warranty applies only to products used in consumer applications and is void in rental or any commercial application. Reasonable care must be used in conformity with operation and maintenance instructions in the owner's manual and quick start guide. Failure to follow these instructions will void this warranty."