THE FORCE 2000 - POWERHOUSE INTERNATIONAL - 1.6 GPM 2000 PSI (3000 PSI - "IPB") Review
Editor Rating: 4.7/5
We'll be reviewing THE FORCE 2000 - POWERHOUSE INTERNATIONAL - 1.6 GPM 2000 PSI (3000 PSI - "IPB").
We rated this product based on these criteria: easy to assemble, ease of use, safeness, cleaning ability, and durability.
This is a fairly new product but it has received great feedback from buyers mainly because unlike most pressure washers, this pressure washer does not have any leaking complaints reported. Other than this, it has other good features which we will be looking further into detail.
Just like the other lightweight electric pressure washers, this pressure washer is best for household chores in cleaning patio, pool area, driveway, bricks, molds, mildew, deck, siding, porches, window screen, and more.
Among the pressure washers we've reviewed, this one is probably the easiest to assemble. When you receive the unit, it is almost fully assembled. You only need to perform a few steps to complete the whole thing and start running the machine.
Just a couple of things that most buyers complain about this product are: (1) the unit easily tips over and (2) it does not use universal fittings, nozzles or soap dispensers so you won't be able to use parts from other manufacturers.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Easy to assemble
- Power cable is very long
- Large switch
- Adjustable nozzle, no need to snap different nozzles to get different spray patterns.
- No leaking problem reported
- The attachments snap on very easily
- Great feedback about the company's customer support
- Spinning patio cleaner or brush
- Total Stop System (TSS) trigger safety switch and brush motor - the unit stops running when trigger is released which helps save energy and prolongs motor life
- Overheat thermal sensor - helps control heat and prolongs motor life
- GFCI plus - makes the unit safe for use around water
- Adjustable soap dispenser
- Adjustable nozzle - just twist to get a different spray pattern
- 1-year repair and replacement warranty (parts and labor included)
- Falls or tips over easily, lacks balance
- Power cable is very long but has no built-in storage or hook for it
- Hose reel is difficult to use
- Hose is too stiff for the reel and stays curled
- Hands get cramps for having to pull squeeze the trigger to use
- Quite loud when trigger is pulled compared to other electric pressure washers
- Unit does not use universal pressure washer fittings. You could not connect it with other manufacturers nozzle or soap dispensers.
- Model #: PHI-2000E
- Color: Grey Black
- Weight: 24.25 pounds
- Dimension: 33 x 11 x 12 inches
- Power cord: 30-foot power cord
- High-pressure hose: 20 feet
- PSI: 1,800-2,000 PSI water pressure, 3,000 PSI "IPB" (Initial Power Burst)
- GPM: 1.6 GPM water flow
- Motor: 13Amp/-Watt/110 Volt
- Warranty: 1-year repair and replacement warranty (parts and labor included)
Note: Supply water should be 20 PSI and 3.5 GPM.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Pressure washer unit
- Two plastic holders to the side
- Hose connector
- Extra washer
- Adjustable fan spray
- Turbo nozzle - spins while cleaning
- Spinning patio cleaner
- Soap bottle
- Cleaning pin
- Instruction manual
The unique feature of this product that you don't see very much in others is the "spinning patio cleaner" which is a flat round-shaped brush. You could use this on hard surfaces that do not easily scratch.
Going through the unit's other features, it seems that the company also focused on safety and convenience for users. For convenience, most parts such as hose, nozzles, and bottle can be attached easily with the quick-connect feature. You can easily change the spray pattern without having to change the nozzle.
For safety, the unit has the Total Stop System (TSS) trigger safety switch and brush motor that automatically shuts off when the trigger is released. This helps prolong the motor's life preventing it from overheating which is the other feature that it has -- overheat thermal sensor. As soon as the machine reaches back a safe temperature, it can be restarted. It also has a GFCI plug and automatic safety valve with a low-pressure bypass to ensure that the machine is safe for use around water.
How to assemble
- Pull out the unit and the parts out of the box.
- Slide the two holders to the side.
- Attach the wand to the gun, and connect to the unit.
- Using a wrench, connect the garden hose to the water inlet on the front of the unit.
- Plug the GFCI power cable.
- Turn on the water supply.
- Squeeze the trigger to start cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to assemble?
About 5 minutes.
Does it have to be hooked up to a water supply?
Yes, because the unit does not have a water supply tank.
Does the unit have an adjustable nozzle to change the pressure to high, medium and low?
Does this come with a detergent tank?
It comes with a detergent bottle that goes on the end of the wand.
Can I use other foam cannon/parts/attachments?
No, the attachments are proprietary and therefore do not connect with other manufacturers nozzles and soap dispensers.
Will it work with water at 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
Yes, but keep the temp close to 60F.