Black & Decker BDH1200FVAV 12V Flexi Automotive Vacuum - Corded
Editor Rating: 4.5/5
I like the overall design of the unit. It is small, lightweight and the primary hose is already stored around the unit and can be used as a handle - that in itself is brilliant and very unique. It also has all the features needed for easy cleaning and maintaining the suction power.
The unit is powerful for its size and is best for light-duty jobs and quick cleaning inside a car. If you intend to use this at home, you can do so after you buy an adapter since the unit is powered by car cigarette lighter socket which for car use is better than battery-powered units. Car cigarette lighter sockets can provide consistent power and also allows you to use the vacuum for a longer period of time.
Although some other units could have provided more suction power, the suction power of this unit is reliable enough to allow you to clean your car on a regular basis. However, just keep in mind that this does not replace the deep cleaning that a large vacuum in a car wash provides. If you are the type of person who likes to keep your car clean and follow after every trash spilled, this would be a nice unit to have in your car.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Compact size and portable
- Easy to store
- Long cord (16 feet)
- Unlimited power supply thru car lighter socket
- Hose can be stored around the unit and serves as a handle.
- Easy to clean
- Came with a mesh bag
- Washable and re-usable filter
- Includes an integrated 4 feet hose, long crevice tool, and a 2-in-1 flip-up brush/wide nozzle tool
- Transparent dust bowl, side empty door, a cyclonic action, and a filter cleaning wheel to easily keep the filter clean and maintain suction power
- Primarily designed for car vacuuming. Needs an adapter for those who wants to use it for home cleaning.
- Color: Grey/Red
- Model #: BDH1200FVAV
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Dimension: 11.9 x 10.8 x 6.5in
- Voltage: 12V cigarette lighter socket
- Hose: 4 feet
- Power cord: 16 feet
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- 16 ft cable
- 4 feet hose
- 2-in-1 flip-up brush/wide nozzle tool
- long crevice tool
The unit features a "motor in the filter" technology that is why the unit is compact, small, lightweight, portable, and easy to store. It has a unique integrated 4 feet hose that is stored around the unit and serves as a built-in handle.
It has the longest power cable among the car vacuum cleaners that we reviewed so far at 16 feet which would allow you to easily vacuum your car from front to back. The power cable can also be easily wrapped around the unit so you can easily store it away. As this is specifically designed for car vacuuming, the unit starts once you plug it into a car cigarette lighter socket which provides a more reliable, consistent power. If you wish to use it for household chores, you'll need to buy an adapter.
To maintain the suction power, the vacuum has several features specifically made to keep the filter clean and increase it's life span and therefore maintaining the unit's suction power.
The features are:
- A transparent dust bowl that will allow you to constantly check if the unit needs cleaning
- A reusable, washable filter
- Side empty door that pushes the dirt straight to the bin
- A cyclonic action that spins the dirt away from the filter.
It also comes with a mesh bag and accessories: long crevice tool for tight areas and a 2-in-1 flip-up brush/wide nozzle tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it come with a storage bag?
Can I use an adapter to plug into a house wall socket?
Yes, there are 110V to 12V converters available.
Is this rechargeable?
How many watts?
Can the filter be replaced?
Yes, you can buy a pre-filter and main filter online.