Chemical Guys CWS_103 Fabric Clean Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo and Odor Eliminator Review
The Chemical Guys CWS_103 Fabric Cleaner, Carpet, and Upholstery shampoo is an excellent, all-around cleaning product that will remove tough dirt buildup, muck, and grime in your rugs or other upholstery.
If you have mud, dirt, and other stains built up in your car seats, mats, or other upholstery then the Chemical Guys CWS_103 Fabric Cleaner is an ideal product that is not only effective, but also the perfect, fast solution that uses non-harmful chemicals to get the job done.
Chemical Guys CWS_103 Fabric Cleaner: Fast and Efficient Stain Remover
This fabric cleaner and shampoo by Chemical guys is practical and efficient because it’s made with a natural degreaser, and has special enzymes in the ingredients that help soak into and remove tough stains and bacteria build-up in fabric.
Often, through normal use, people track in different types of dirt and stains on their shoes, or even clothes. This, in addition to other body oils, dirt from your hair, sweat, or even pets can make the upholstery not only very dirty, but also smell unruly. If you’ve had pets sleeping or living in your car and have serious odor, in addition to using this fabric cleaner, accompanying your efforts post-application with a bacteria-fighting deodorizer is ideal, as it also helps to remove the build-up of bacteria and dust from pets in other places throughout your upholstery – such as the ceiling fabric. An ideal product for such a task would be the Ozium Air Sanitizer as it has a very positive reputation and feedback from users.
Customers have had great success with and trust the Chemical Guys brand for removing even the toughest of stains, and this carpet and upholstery shampoo is equally popular among professional car detailers – which says a lot for an automotive cleaning product. The Chemical Guys CWS_103 Fabric Cleaner is a concentrate fabric cleaner, which means it is made for ultimate strength and requires you to dilute the cleaning agent in a bottle using a 20:1 ratio of clean (ideally warm) water for maximum results.
Advantages and disadvantages
- This Chemical Guys Upholstery and Fabric Cleaner is perfect for carpets, even if they haven't been cleaned in years, as it's been proven effective to get the most stubborn, deep stains out of carpets and car upholstery.
- Customers have reported a positive experience during use, and that the actual amount of (concentrate) cleaner required is minimal – as it’s designed to be diluted with water.
- In comparison to other upholstery cleaners and shampoos, this product hands down gives the best results, but should ideally be accompanied by a durable, reputable cleaning brush for harder scrubbing. That is, depending on the nature of the stain or stains, and how much ‘elbow grease’ is required. There are, for example, products available on the market to accompany your cleaning efforts, such as power-drill friendly cleaning brushes, sponges, and other types of bristle cleaners or sponges.
- This car interior upholstery cleaner is also great for scrubbing out stains from your cars chairs, headliners, and even seats which often only will require light-scrubbing. Even in tough situations where your vehicle has been neglected of cleaning in the past, or perhaps has weathering stains from elements like snow-salt, it is equally effective. Most customers find it effective to let the chemical compound sit for a few minutes, and then scrub with a towel, rinse, and dry.
- Some customers have complained or been disappointed with this fabric and upholstery cleaner as it failed to remove certain types of stains. However, in some instances if a vehicle’s upholstery has simply been left unmaintained for too many years, it may very well be necessary (in extreme cases) to replace your vehicle upholstery entirely – or in sections, to save money.
- Also, for certain types of stains such as pen ink or bodily fluids, other cleaners may be more effective. Above all else, it’s important to keep in mind that depending on how deep, and how long you’ve let certain stains ‘sit’, it may require additional efforts, patience, or re-applications of the Chemical Guys Fabric Cleaner.
A Solution built to Refresh and Restore: Chemical Guys CWS_103 Fabric Cleaner
Customers describe the Chemical Guys Fabric Cleaner and Shampoo as smelling like, and leaving a lemony, citrus scent during and post-cleaning. This is very ideal, and for many that have left stains on their upholstery for a long time, a great way to both refresh and restore the fabric to as new a condition as possible.
The CWS_103 Fabric Cleaner is also great for ‘sudding’ up as necessary to get the most cleaning action, and with the right amount of elbow grease and patience, is likely to restore your upholstery or carpet color to a brighter, original appearance.
For those that have purchased a used car, often previous owners have smoked in, allowed animals inside, or exposed the interior of their vehicle to other dirt, grime, allergens, and dust. So, if you’re looking for the most powerful, reputable, and efficient system then this is the optimal product to go with.
Protecting the Integrity of your Upholstery: Trusted Ingredients
Unlike other competing upholstery and fabric cleaners, the CWS_103 Fabric Cleaner is made to be sensitive and safe for use on various types of fabric without damaging, or worse pushing the stains or dirt deeper into the material.
The Chemical Guys also designed this cleaner without using any ammonia, detergent, solvents, or other harmful chemicals that could damage or alter the color of your original fabric, or worse, leave more stains behind.
This cleaning product is also a “de-greaser”, so, if you’ve spilled or somehow managed to get greases (such as car oil), food oils, or other stains from eating or working on your car, then this is the perfection solution for restoring it to its once comfortable, and non-greasy condition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this fabric cleaner leave behind unwanted residue or stains?
This upholstery and fabric cleaner will not leave behind any unwanted residue or oils. However, it’s important that you properly (per the instructions) rinse, dry, and re-rinse if necessary should there still be residue left on your vehicle upholstery or fabrics. Some customers do not comply with or forget to dilute this fabric cleaner with water, so in turn, it’s more powerful and might leave an unwanted smell behind – although on the bright side it is pine-scented.
Is this a good cleaner for pet stains and odors?
If you’ve had animals accidentally go to the potty, sweat, or drool on your fabrics and upholstery then the Chemical-Guys fabric cleaner can be a very effective solution, just be sure to allow the cleaner to ‘sit’ for a few minutes, scrub as hard as possible, and allow it to dry. In some cases re-applying the cleaner may be necessary – especially if an animal or animals have lived inside the vehicle.
Can I use this product with an upholstery shampoo or conditioning product?
The Chemical Guys fabric and upholstery cleaner is universally friendly with most other cleaning agents, and because it does not use any harmful ingredients such as ammonia or bleach, it will not typically react negatively with other cleansers.
Does this fabric and upholstery cleaner work on other household interior fabrics?
This fabric and upholstery cleaner is great for removing stains from and refreshing rugs in your home. Just ensure you review the ingredients to ensure that they will not be harmful, as certain types of furs or other special fibers can react negatively to even natural cleaners.
Editor Rating 4/5
In consideration of how easy to use, effective, and practical the Chemical Guys CWS_103 Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner is for even the toughest of stains, we give it a 4/5 Star Rating.
We gave it such a great rating because it’s made from specially formulated, natural, and non-harmful ingredients - which as you may have already noticed, most upholstery and fabric cleaners have. This product is not tough on your nose, yet leaves a pleasant, desirable ‘pine’ or citrus smell behind.
It is overall a very easy to use upholstery cleaner, and because it’s concentrate we know it’s quality - and that the 1 Gallon bottle will likely last you years to come.
Buy or not to buy? If you’ve already tried other upholstery and fabric cleaners on the market, or this is your first purchase, you can find comfort in knowing that the Chemical Guys Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner is a premium choice, unique with its blend of ingredients, and optimal for removing even the toughest stains, grime build-up, and dirt.
Customers have been very happy with the end-results, and liked the results both physically but also smell-wise to be ‘like-new’- or at least as close as realistically possible to the original condition and color of your upholstery.
If you’re looking to clean and restore the condition of your car’s interior, from the upholstery to the dashboard and it’s other plastic parts, then accompanying your cleaning with a proven, effective, and also reputable product like the Sonax (283241) Dashboard Cleaner - 16.9 oz. is a great direction to go, as this is sure to maximize your total automobile cleaning and renewal experience.
Ultimately, depending on the nature of your upholstery stain or stains, the condition of your vehicles interior, and the fabrics cleaning maintenance to-date, more than one application might be required, so don’t give up, and go with a product that’s trusted and proven to work.