Armor All 78482 Wheel Protectant Review
Today, I'll be laying out all there is to know about the Armor All Protectant. This product is so worth sharing this review is going to be very helpful to car owners especially to those whose wheels easily accumulate brake dust.
What it does is similar to the Wheel Wax. It forms a protective barrier on wheels repelling brake dust, road grime and dirt keeping wheels clean longer and easier to wash the next time except that this product works a lot better in my opinion.
First and foremost, this product has more advantages than disadvantages. To be honest, I can only list a few disadvantages for this product. It is "as described" by the company you won't be disappointed.
Before using the product, I highly recommend that you do what it takes to make sure that the wheels are clean and dry. You can clean your wheels by using a wheel cleaner or by using a wheel polish.
Important! Do not use on black wheels as it will leave white residues.
Instead of wiping on the wheels, you'll be using this product by spraying it on your wheels. Just make sure that you don't leave a spot when spraying.
The label specifically states that you need to let the car sit for as long as it can or overnight to make sure that the product will stay longer on your wheels.
Note: Frequently washing the car will slowly wash away the product from your wheels, shortening its life on your wheels. Besides, it will take a month before your wheels will need cleaning if you have this product on your wheels. However, please keep in mind that the life of the product on wheels varies depending on conditions. What is amazing about this product is that once you've used it, you can easily remove the brake dust with a wheel duster, wipes or water spray on your spare time.
As a whole, this product just makes everything easy for a car owner. It's a must.
How to apply the Armor All Wheel Protectant
- Wash and dry rims thoroughly.
- Spray the product on without leaving a spot.
- Let it sit for an hour or overnight.
Advantages and disadvantages
- No noticeable dirt or has significantly less brake dust after a week of driving as long as it does not rain.
- No accumulation of dirt and reduced amount of brake dust build up on the rim.
- Easy to spray on.
- No residue or film. No evidence that the product has been applied.
- Good price for what it does and definitely does what it claims to do.
- Works well especially when properly applied.
- Makes cleaning the next time easier.
- Product seems to be water resistant.
- The small amount brake dust that sticks can be wiped away with a simple rag or dusted off with a wheel duster or clean up with a water spray bottle
- Makes tires and wheel glossy
- Works for about a month with no washing, rinsing, brushing or elbow grease and still wheels have not turned black
- Might leave a cloudy film or slightly hazy finish on black wheels if not applied correctly.
- Might not do as well or effectiveness reduces if you are in a lot of rain or snow area
- No indication that you've missed a spot when spraying
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get rid of the haze this product leaves on black wheels?
- Wash the wheels.
- Clay or buff the rims.
- Polish and wash again.
Can it protect my wheels from road salt and harsh winter road chemicals?
Put a heavy coat of wax or protectant made specifically for road salt.
Will it affect the braking performance?
Editor Rating: 5/5
I could have rated this product as 4 out of 5 stars because it does not work on black wheels but seeing that the company was able to set proper expectations, I feel that the product deserves a rating of 5 of 5. I've come across many similar products but this product is second to none.
Buy or not buy: I highly recommend this product to all car owners. I know many of us are used to wheel cleaners, but in my opinion wheel protectants are more important. But if you are the type of person who enjoys scrubbing, getting wet and dirty, then you may continue using wheel cleaners. But if you like most people doesn't have enough time and wants a more convenient way to keep your car clean, then this is for you.
Don't waste time, get one of these now. I rarely say this about a product but this one's the best. I highly recommend it.
Once again, protect your wheel, keep it clean and easily remove brake dust the next time your wheels need a wash - get the Armor All Wheel Protectant and be pleased with the results.