Mothers Wheel Brush Review
Car detailing products such as wheel cleaners are more effective if applied together with a wheel brush. Wheel cleaners won't remove all the brake dust on your wheels without a little scrubbing and since you've probably have spent so much on wheel cleaners, you would hope to spend less for a wheel brush. Good news! An effective wheel brush doesn't have to be as expensive as the wheel cleaner. You can buy the Mothers Wheel Brush at an inexpensive price and still get good results. Of course, you need to know more about this wheel brush before you purchase to see if it would fit your type of rim.
By the way, if you don't already know. Mothers car detailing products and tools are some of the most popular and reliable in the car industry. They have about 70 unique products as of today. You can expect the wheel brush to be of high quality as well.
What to Look for in a Wheel Brush
First, the handle of the brush. The handle is very grippy so it won't slip from your hands while it's wet with soap and water. It is also long enough so you can get far away from the water and dirt. They also have the longer version so you don't have to kneel while cleaning. The handle also has to have a good ergonomic design that would allow users to clean their wheels comfortably for as long as they want without hurting their hands. However, this brush might be a little too big for a few people to handle.
Second, the bristles or the head of the brush. The bristles are soft it won't scratch your wheels. However, it is a little too big especially for those wheels with smaller holes. This brush is best for wheels with bigger holes. The head is about 3"-3.5". It can also hold up water and soap and can get foamy when cleaning your wheels. It is also easy to clean after use, just soak it in water or hose the dirt off the brush then hang it up.
Third, the stem and edges. The stem is not flexible. You would want a flexible brush that can be bent to reach the back of spikes. The brush is long but it can't reach deep areas because the size is big for some holes. You would want a thinner brush so you can clean hard to reach areas of your wheels. The edges are covered in rubber so it won't scratch or damage your wheels while cleaning.
Ways of Using a Wheel Brush
Advantages and disadvantages
- The brush has an excellent grip so it won't slip especially when in contact with soap.
- The materials used on the brush seems to be of high quality it will last a long time with proper care.
- The edges are covered with rubber and the bristles are soft and gentle on wheel finishes to prevent scratches.
- The brush can be used on the entire car.
- The brush is best for outside face and spokes of your rims since the head of the brush is wide.
- The handle is long enough to keep you away from toxic wheel cleaners although this has an even longer version if you don't want to kneel while cleaning your wheels. The longer handle is great when doing a quick wash.
- The weight of the brush is manageable.
- The wheel brush is very affordable and effective at the same time.
- The longer soft bristles can clean hard to reach areas.
- There's a lot of other areas in your room that you can use this wheel brush on. It is very versatile.
- The wheel brush won't be great for deep cleaning since the brush is too soft for caked on brake dust.
- The handle could be a little too big to maneuver for some people.
- Definitely not made for the inside of the wheels. The head is too big for some areas for some wheels. This brush is great in cleaning easily accessible areas.
- It won't get behind spokes because the handle is not made of flexible material.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the Mothers Wheel Brush on tire or rims?
You can use the Mothers Wheel Brush on both tire and rims. However, the brush is specifically designed to clean rims.
How long is the handle?
The handle is 6 inches long.
How big the head of the brush is with or without bristles?
The size of the head of the brush is 3" to 3.5".
What is the best way to clean the brush after it gets dirty?
You can easily clean the brush by soaking it in soap and water or by hosing the dirt off the brush.
Editor Rating: 3.5/5
The wheel brush is safe and excellent for those wheels with bigger holes. However, you may have to buy a more flexible wheel brush like the Speed Master Wheel Brush if you have wheels with smaller holes.
For those who has wheels with large holes, this is the best wheel brush for you. But if you have a wheel with smaller holes, you will have to look at other wheel brushes or once again, you can consider buying the Speed Master Wheel Brush but at a higher price.
Buy or not buy: This product is highly recommended for wheels with larger holes. You'll be able to brush your wheels with a wheel cleaner safely without spending too much.
However, if you have been trying to find a cheap wheel brush that can work for wheels with smaller holes, this is not the one for you. You'll have to use a wheel brush that can fit in smaller holes like the Speed Master Wheel Brush, much more expensive but totally worth it. Read the review on Speed Master Wheel Brush to know more.